Best hair straightener 2019 – Which to Buy?
- 1 Best hair straightener 2019 – Which to Buy?
- 2 Best hair straightener
- 3 Ceramic Flat Irons 2018
- 4 Bio Ionic One Pass Review 2018
- 5 Remington S9500PP Review 2018
- 6 Paul Mitchell Protools Review 2018
- 7 Titanium Flat Irons 2018
- 8 BaByliss PRO Nano Review 2018
- 9 Izunami KTX 450 Review 2018
- 10 Tourmaline Flat Irons 2018
- 11 HSI Professional Review 2018
- 12 Conair Infiniti Pro Review 2018
- 13 FHI Heat Platform Review 2018
- 14 Best hair straightener – Professional Flat Irons
- 15 Karmin G3 Salon Pro Review 2018
- 16 ghd Professional Review 2018
- 17 Sedu Revolution Pro Tourmaline Ionic 4000i Hair Dryer
- 18 Best hair straightener – Best flat iron brands.
- 19 Paul Mitchell Flat Iron Hair Straightener Review 2018
- 20 Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Flat Iron Reviews 2018
- 21 Conair Infiniti Pro Review 2018
- 22 ghd Hair Straightener 2018
- 23 HSI Flat Iron
I’m sure there may have been many times you looked at that one girl and thought, “How she did it?” The woman with the unbelievable hair? You can bet that she used one the most wanted hair tools, i.e. a hair straightener, also known as a flat iron.
But with so many good brands available, which one is the best for you?
A Hair straightener or hair iron can be confusing especially if you have never owned one before. And even if you have owned one before, the sheer number and types out there today are overwhelming.
You may say, That’s all nice and fine, but I just want to check the best picks.
Here they are.
You are a smart girl and you love that clean, beautiful look that straight hair gives you. To get the elusive “the look” a good hair straightener is an absolute must.
I’ll help you choose the best hot irons through reviews, comparisons and I constantly interview some of the best known divas of the fashion and hair styling industry.
This website is a one stop shop on all things hot irons.
This is an all-inclusive guide that will help you get the hair straightener that’s just right for your hair and more importantly has the quality to last for years AND is within your budget.
Hair straighteners can range widely from a cheap $20 at the drugstore to $300 at the salon.
I plan to help you sort through the various differences and help you figure how much you will actually have to spend to get the straightener of your dreams.
So lets get started.
Reviews on the Best Hair Straightening Irons of 2018
Finding that perfect flat iron for your hair is not an easy task. It can be rather confusing to decide what exactly will be the best and which one of the many brands that are the most popular and reliable, you should choose.
Before we get to the details of the various hair straightening irons, you’ll need to make sure what your hair type is.
A person with fine curly hair will need a much different hair straightener than a person with thick tresses.
When you are sure of your hair type it is much more easier to find a straightener for your hair that would be perfect. You can choose from the various plate types (ceramic, titanium or tourmaline), from different widths and temperature limits.
We’ve explained every aspect to consider in detail below, You can start with the below list:
Best hair straightener
Ceramic Flat Irons 2018
Best hair straightener – Ceramic Flat irons. Ceramic is the most popular material that is used for flat irons and hair straighteners.
The advantage of ceramic flat irons is that it is inexpensive to purchase and surprisingly actually works much better to smooth and straighten your hair at a lower temperature.
The ceramic plates are excellent when it comes to eliminating the frizz and for smoothing the hair, and even to lock in the moisture.
Most ceramic plates today contain ionic technology. This is great for your hair. It makes it healthier, despite the high temperatures that are used in ionic technology to smoothen and style hair.
If you are looking for a great all-purpose hair straightener and you hair is not exceptionally thick or curly then ceramic is the best way to go. Now, from all the ceramic flat iron brands out there, which would be the best for you? Check our 3 favorites for a durable, long-lasting, cost effective an efficient iron:
Bio Ionic One Pass Review 2018
This hair straightener comes with revolutionary heat-up in five second technology. This helps as you don’t have to wait to start styling your hair and it saves you a lot of time.
One of the things we like best about this iron is that there are various heat settings that you can choose from.
The plates are also well cushioned. This helps in making it easy to have a free flow of your hair between the plates.
This iron is made to get the straightening completed directly in only one pass. It also helps distribute and seal in moisture that is there on the hair shaft
Remington S9500PP Review 2018
The thing we love about the Remington S9500PP is that it is a ceramic straightener with wide plates and amazing frizz reducing technology.
Remington has gone the extra mile and has the straightening plates infused with real pearls. This helps to improve the nourishment and helps straighten the hair.
The ceramic in the flat iron helps to distribute the heat evenly across the hair. This improves the complete straightening process.
This flat iron also has extremely smooth plates. The result of it is that your hair looks beautifully shiny and has that lovely soft feeling.
Paul Mitchell Protools Review 2018
While all ceramic flat irons give you a much quicker iron than any other hair styling straighteners , there are really very few that stay up to the mark in heating your hair fast and getting the styling done quickly.
The Paul Mitchell Protools does exactly that. Your complete styling process is shortened by having the heating and styling time reduced significantly.
So if you are a person on the run, then this one is for you.
You can also use it to make many different styles. This straightener is specifically made to cater to all your styling needs rather than just iron your hair.
When searching for the best ceramic flat hair straightener iron keep in mind which will be the best for your specific hair type.
There is a lot of articles in the fashion and beauty world on how risky a flat iron is for your hair, but they are only risky if you choose a low end model. The more advanced models are focused on and designed to enhance the quality of your hair rather than burn it.
The rule is that if your hair is thick and curly, then you need to have a much hotter iron to get your hair shiny and straight. In that case choose a ceramic flat iron like which has ionic technology.
This will permit you to use the high heat required to get your hair straight but it will not harm your beautiful tresses.
Titanium Flat Irons 2018
Best hair straightener – Titanium Flat irons. When it comes to the use of metals to make iron plates, there is only one you should think of buying.
Flat irons which have titanium plates are widely considered the one and only metal flat irons that is worth buying.
No other metal is there that can achieve the same level of professional flatness that a titanium iron plate can do.
This means that all other kinds of metals that are used can snag and pull at your hair. With titanium plates in your iron, you can achieve that same silky, shiny hair that a ceramic plate iron gives.
These flat irons are in the most expensive range, in terms of price. It has various heat settings and has features that make the plates perfect for every kind of hair.
BaByliss PRO Nano Review 2018
This is the original and the most popular and hence the most used of BaByliss’s flat iron products. The Nano
Titanium beats most of the other titanium flat irons that are on the market by a mile. It is designed so that it can be easily used by both beginners and in professional salons.
The best thing of this flat iron is that though it is a professional iron, it needs no special training and choosing the right settings for your hair type and styling needs is very easy.
This is the most highly recommended flat iron by professional hairstylists. As a professional hair straightener it is affordable and quality iron that protects hair, rather than burning it out.
Izunami KTX 450 Review 2018
I love the look of this flat iron. It has a modern design and great titanium straightening plates.
It also has a temperature dial which you can revolve rather than the standard three temperature settings and the plates are floating plates.
The advantage of a floating iron is that you don’t need to tug your hair as you slide it between the plates. This helps make your ironing experience and joy rather than a frustration.
Another advantage is that it is easy on the hair and regardless of the pressure yo put and how hard you clamp down, the flat iron plates will only apply the required amount of pressure to press out the frizz and seal in the moisture.
The first thing that you have to accept when you are buying a titanium flat iron, is that its going to be more expensive than ceramic flat irons.
This is because it is in the higher end of the flat iron stable, it is designed to be used in salons and is used by people who need more heat and want less frizz.
Titanium flat irons also tend to have wider plates, as they are made to help increase the speed in the styling process.
It also helps distribute the thicker hair over a larger area for better and easier straightening.
If you are looking for a quality flat iron that can do more than just straighten hair, look at the shape and the plate material.
You can curl your hair using a flat iron with a long, thin, rounded model. You could instead build curl and body with a rounded edge one.
Tourmaline Flat Irons 2018
Best hair straightener – Tourmaline Flat irons. While some people don’t make much of a difference between the tourmaline and the ceramic straighteners, there are quite a few features which differentiate it and put it in a class of its own.
The Tourmaline crystals which are present in the Tourmaline iron greatly increase the amount of heat that can be applied to your hair. This helps in creating a much smoother surface. It also helps in reducing the tugging and pulling.
Tourmaline is naturally ionized so you can use it on thicker hair. In addition to that, when it is passed over your hair, the material will actually seals your hair closed. This sealing keeps in the moisture and the dry, frizzy, and unmanageable hair is eliminated.
The best thing of this iron is that you need to pass the straightener once only over each section of hair. This is as it uses higher heat which ensures that the hair is perfectly smooth, straight and shiny the first time.
HSI Professional Review 2018
The HIS Professional is value for money. It comes in two different sizes to choose from and it has a nice rounded casing to make styling easy and fast.
Its perfectly sized plates and its curved design makes it very easy to add up the volume to your hair at the scalp. It also is good at slicking away frizz from the rest of your hair.
This tourmaline-infused plated iron is meant for styling thick or frizzy hair to perfection. It even tackles those stubborn bangs and layers with ease.
Conair Infiniti Pro Review 2018
This best hair straightening iron was created to provide less damage to the hair. With over thirty temperature settings, it is fun to get the one which works for your unique hair type.
As an extra bonus, also to make life easier for active women, the Infiniti Pro heats up in under fifteen seconds.
Since it has smoother plates than simply about almost every other smooth flat iron on the market, it shortens the complete styling process.
It also has the best temperature options available in commercial hair straighteners, rendering it ideal for the individual who has already established trouble locating a styling implement for her thick and coarse hair.
FHI Heat Platform Review 2018
Another best hair straightening iron with extra-high warmth options for the most difficult-to-style mane is, the Heat Platform is the perfect one for both long and short hair.
The plates float, so you can curl easily, wave, and straighten hair without fretting about frying or tugging your follicles.
Because tourmaline gets hotter faster and much more than other materials thoroughly, it is not hard to style flowing hair and never have to pass the hair straightening iron multiple times on the same portion of hair.
Tourmaline is one of the hottest materials being found in flat irons, currently being utilized because it increases the smoothness and increases the ionic properties of the flat iron.
The greater ionic a set iron’s plates are, the better they are really for the hair itself.
Earlier, there’s been much conversation over if hair straighteners should even be utilized on hair, because they appeared to ruin the hair critically.
Now, testing has revealed that the right sorts of hair straighteners can in fact improve hair’s health, if they are being used correctly.
By research on the heat and design settings, tourmaline hair straighteners can style hair within one pass, locking the hair’s natural moisture rather than frying it.
Best hair straightener – Professional Flat Irons
Best hair straightener – Professional Flat irons. Professional hair stylists are incredibly choosy about what sorts of flat irons they shall use. This is because they value the fitness of their clients’ hair.
They’ll only use styling tools that are guaranteed never to damage the hair that each day styling does to hair.
Some hair stylists will tell you firmly to avoid styling nice hair at all, to avoid any warmth styling methods, as these can adversely have an impact on the fitness of your tresses.
However, real professionals know that if the right materials and products are used, it could be flawlessly safe to create flowing hair with just a little heat, if you want to do it every day even.
They will be the highest end styling tools, you can use to straighten hair and also to create any style you wish.
Make sure to select the size, design, and style that best matches the needs of nice hair and what you want to use the hair straightening iron for.
Karmin G3 Salon Pro Review 2018
This hair straightening iron touts itself as the sole styling tool you shall need.
The rounded condition of it is made by the casing possible to use this iron to curl and straighten your hair and also, wave it, or add volume to your hair.
Karmin offers a variety of colours to choose from.
This hair straightening iron has already established good reviews as it pertains to protecting dry and damaged hair. It shows good results for females who cannot use other hair straighteners because they reduce hair damage.
ghd Professional Review 2018
This hair straightening iron has been the most innovative in static-free technology.
With various other flat irons, you can never actually achieve that frizz-free look as perfectly as with this. This is due to the fact the straightening plates will in actuality charge flowing hair and allow it jump from the others of your hair and change the look.
To be able to battle this, this hair straightening iron has special plates and advanced temperature technology to keep mane set up once it has been designed
Sedu Revolution Pro Tourmaline Ionic 4000i Hair Dryer
This is actually the tourmaline hair straightening iron that a lot of professional stylists would recommend.
The ceramic, infused with tourmaline, is extra easy, and the machine has specialized temperature technology that means it is easy to choose the right heat setting for hair, whether frizzy and fine or heavy and coarse.
Additionally it is designed to become able to be utilized for more than simply straightening. While this is one of the most expensive models on the marketplace, it is one of the most amazing hair straighteners here.
Do not worry about the relatively high prices of the irons. If you are willing to pay a bit more, you’ll be getting a far better flat iron, with a lot more features.
You might visit a lower-end part with the same features, but only with these professional hair straighteners can you be certain you’re getting what’s actually advertised.
Don’t be scared to pay a bit more for a straightener that can last you for a long time and can make your head of hair healthier, even while it styles it.
Best hair straightener – Best flat iron brands.
Remington is well known to make great straighteners for those on a budget.
Generally, these best hair straightener has rapid heat options, with a genuine quantity of different temperatures adjustments.
The more costly models will possess the ceramic, tourmaline, and titanium plates. This means you can select the one that’s best for your hair type.
Though conair is not really a top styling tools company, they do involve some of the greatest best hair straightener in the hair styling business.
They have multiple colors, sizes, and designs to choose from so its no problem finding the one which works for both fine hair and thick, coarse hair.
You have the same options of ceramic, tourmaline, aluminium, and titanium models.
Definitely this is the leader in both for-affordable and high-end expensive flat irons.
BaBybliss specializes in the best flat iron that does not damage hair.
If you are looking for a affordable model that just meets your requirements or you want something that has a lot of features, this brand is a great place to start.
They also say most of their flat irons is multi-purpose, so you can ditch the curling iron.
This is not a very familiar brand but it is quickly gaining popularity in the beauty and fashion world.
Sedu offers only ceramic, tourmaline, and titanium models though they come in various models,.
If you are buying from Sedu, you know you are getting a quality and great flat iron as they are at the higher end of the iron market.
Solia is another rather famous name that has been appearing in the beauty world.
Their best hair straightener is designed for efficiency, they have quick heat times, there is no heat loss and it has the ability to wipe out frizz. You can start flat ironing your hair even while it is still wet so you save time.
As you make your choice, you need to keep in mind what you actually want to do with your hair straightener.
Some models are just for straightening, while others are able to multi-task.
If you want silky straight locks, just about any model in their stable will be fine.
If you want to be able to style your hair, look for a model that specifically performs those tasks.
So this is our list. Hope you have identified your Best hair straightener. Happy shopping and good luck.
Paul Mitchell Flat Iron Hair Straightener Review 2018
The paul mitchell flat iron has ion-added plates. This helps the flat iron to change your hair from its existing frizzy straw look into and soft, luxurious locks. View detailed reviews on Amazon of the Paul Mitchell Flat Iron here.
This flat iron has many additional features which complements its primary purpose of straightening the hair. It can also give you a professional curl, flip, and wave to your hair. This is a tool you need to have a new look and a new style each day.
The hair straightener can also be used for color-treated hair as it has very high quality. Most flat irons cant be used as they can reduce the quality and moisture of the hair.
- The ionic plates in the paul mitchell flat iron seal the moisture into the hair. This helps increase the strength of the har and improves the shine and the volume. The texture too improves. You can use the paul mitchell hair straightener equally for perfectly straight hair, or for shiny, perfect curls
- At only one pound, this paul mitchell flat iron is in my opinion the lightest branded flat irons on the market.
- The one-inch straightening plates of the paul mitchell flat iron are cushioned to prevent snagging of your hair and pulling of the hair. They are also infused with silicone. This helps the plates both grip the hair well and let it slide smoothly across the hot ceramic plates.
- The ionic-added plates help to reduce the static which is created. This improves the overall smoothness and shininess of hair.
- The unit comes only in silver and is stamped with the distinctive Paul Mitchell logo.
View detailed reviews on Amazon of the Paul Mitchell Flat Iron here.
- The paul mitchell flat iron efficiently straightens your hair without any snag or pull. This creates a soft, voluminous texture.
- Unlike many other flat irons that could leave hair feeling crisp, the paul mitchell hair straightener gives your hair a nice and shiny feel and the after iron of your hair is soft and gentle.
- With a standard heat flow and a wide range of temperatures that you can choose from, the paul mitchell flat iron makes it very easy to get the best straightening on any type of hair that you have. This ranges from very fine to very coarse thick hair.
- The slim, sexy design that the flat iron has makes it perfect for flat ironing even the shortest hair, and for straightening out those irritating kinks close to your scalp.
- The higher heat settings can possibly leave the fine hair on your head feeling fried. Some women say that the silicone strips which are on the straightening plates actually grip and pull their hair. This is opposite to the required effect of creating a silky, straight finish.
- If you have very thick, curly hair, this isn’t the best flat iron for you, as considering experience, silicone strips could snag at your hair as you pass it through the iron.
- Though they are designed to help the hair flow easily, some women find that it actually does the very opposite. This is especially seen when straightening very curly hair often which often require you to clamp the flat iron firmly on the hair.
If your hair is thick, wavy or straight , this flat iron is the best one for you. If you also want a multipurpose hair styling product which can replace almost any other styling implement you may need.
You can use this paul mitchell flat iron even on damp hair when you are just out of the shower as the flat iron seals moisture into the hair rather than steaming it away. This will reduce the time you will take for styling. It can also cut down on heat damage which the use of other products may cause. It is extremely good in terms of value for money. It is a well-built, fully- functional iron, that will help you create soft and beautiful hair for years to come.
View detailed reviews on Amazon of the Paul Mitchell Flat Iron here.
Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Flat Iron Reviews 2018
With its ultra slim design and titanium plates, the Babyliss Pro Flat Iron Nano Titanium Reviews 2017 is considered as one of the best flat irons in its price range. Check Babyliss Pro reviews on Amazon
The titanium plates which they have are much smoother than even the smoothest ceramic and tourmaline plates in the market. This is for optimal straightening of even the most damaged and frizzy hair. It is perfect for curly and coarse hair.
With its far-infrared heat, even the highest temperatures on will not fry your hair. It will instead help to seal in the moisture and natural oils that hair your hair has and needs to be shiny and healthy. And because the Titanium plates will not pull and tug at your hair, there are much fewer breaks and much less static than a normal iron.
- The babyliss pro flat iron nano titanium flat iron comes in a wide range of choices. You are literally spoilt for choice with this one. It comes from a wide variety like baby blue casing to leopard casing, to a deep dark blue flat iron and curling wand combo.
- All of these varieties have approximately the same price range and feature one-inch plates. This also includes the combo model. The combo model has a removable casing which allows you to use it as a flat iron and then by removing the casing as a curling wand.
- It has a temperature dial that ranges all the way up to 450 degrees. This helps make it very easy to get your hair perfectly styled fast.
- At a weight of less than two pounds, the babyliss pro flat iron nano titanium flat iron will not tire you out as you can quickly glide it through your hair.
Check Babyliss Pro reviews on Amazon
- If you like you can purchase the iron version that has both a flat iron and a curling wand. The baseline Nano Titanium is also something you should consider since it has a curling iron and crimper. This is great for curls and waves. This works well with perfectly straightened and styled hair too.
- If you have very curly or coarse hair and you have always wanted a different texture to your hair, you just have to quickly flat iron your hair and then remove the casing and curl or wave your hair using the same iron.
- This iron is very easy to use and hold. It has a perfect slim design which helps in keeping he frizz and stray hair in check.
- The titanium plates are super-smooth and very resistant to scratching. The plates are also seated in a nice cushioned design. This makes it easy to clamp and press your hair with minimal pressure.
- If you have very fine hair, then the babyliss pro flat iron nano titanium flat iron is not the flat iron for you. The plates of the flat iron are hard to press together all of the way.
- This is made specifically for women with coarse hair. This allows them to have better leverage on their thicker strands of hair. Hence it can be a problem if you have finer hair.
- The temperature settings on the babyliss pro flat iron nano titanium flat iron don’t get low enough to give straight, silky hair a good deal. Even the lowest setting may fry the hair.
The babyliss pro flat iron nano titanium flat iron, in all of its forms, is designed to take on the biggies. It is made to style thick, curly hair and not fine hair. This does make it a less than optimal choice for all women who have straight hair or hair that is fine and curly and that just needs a wee bit of perfection. We would advise only women with thick curly hair to go for it.
The babyliss pro flat iron nano titanium flat iron is designed to tame the most unruliest hair, so if you need something that just needs to smooth down a few bumps in your good natural hair, another model would be better. However, if you need a very high heat and a premier quality flat iron for your thick, coarse hair, this is the perfect model for you.
Check Babyliss Pro reviews on Amazon
Conair Infiniti Pro Review 2018
Conair Infiniti Pro – With Tourmaline-infused high powered Ceramic plates, the conair infiniti pro is a flat iron designed to fight frizz and make your hair healthier and shinier along with straightening it. Check Conair Infiniti Pro reviews on Amazon
Earlier, when most of the flat irons were made with metal plates, it was very difficult to get that perfectly straight hair. This was since the plates would create a fair amount of static and that would cause some small hair to fly away from the rest.
The irons were also very liable to frying your hair and sap away at what little moisture might have been in the shaft of the hair. Tourmaline, with its new technology, however, helps to seal the shaft of the hair as it passes along it. This locks in the nutrients and the moisture, instead of just steaming them away.
Features of the conair infiniti pro
- The Conair Infiniti Ceramic Flat Iron (Pro Tourmaline) is marketed in three various sizes: one inch, 1.5 inches, and two inches. The 1-inch model is in a royal blue. The 1.5-inch unit is in pink. The 2-inch model is in black.
- It also has a range of temperature settings that you can choose from. The maximum temperature goes up to 446 degrees Fahrenheit. This can be adjusted by the + and – buttons that are on the side of the unit and an LED temperature readout.
- The heater inside the unit is also made from ceramic. This helps in conducting heat to the tourmaline and ceramic plates perfectly and evenly. That helps in preventing hot spots and ineffective styling.
Check Conair Infiniti Pro reviews on Amazon
- The range of sizes that the conair infiniti pro comes in makes it very easy for any person to have a size and temperature that will be perfect for her hair.
- The conair infiniti pro also heats up very fast. It can heat up in less than 20 seconds. This can reduce amount of time it takes to get ready in the morning by a wide margin.
- The heat selection process in this iron is very simple. You can also easily find a setting that matches your hair’s specific needs.
- Unlike other models that do claim to have ceramic plates, but are really metal plates that have a layer of ceramic coated over it, the Conair Infiniti Pro really has solid ceramic plates. These plates pump out the heat and remain smooth even after hundreds of times you use it. The different sizes of the Conair Infiniti Pro also allow you to get a number of different styles that can can try which are beyond just pin-straight.
- This is great for fine hair, however, for hair that needs high heat this iron may not cut the deal as you may find that on higher heat settings the iron becomes too hot for your hair.
- Also due to its shape you need to hold the iron very close to the top as it doesn’t have a lot of clamping space.
This is the best deal when it comes to flat irons as it is one of the few irons on the market with a real genuine solid ceramic plate and heater. It has a two-year warranty on its parts and maintenance. This results in almost no risk when you try out this flat iron. You can use it for many other things like curl, flip, and wave your hair as desired rather than just straighten it. The easy heat controls and varied sizes that it has make this flat iron series a perfect fit for almost every type of hair.
Check Conair Infiniti Pro reviews on Amazon
ghd Hair Straightener 2018
ghd Hair Straightener – With the ceramic heaters and the aluminium plates that the ghd flat iron hair straightener is one of the best Hair Straightener that is on the market. Even if you have very little experience with using flat irons and still want a professional result, this is the perfect flat iron for you. Check ghd Hair Straightener reviews on Amazon
The ghd hair straightener is equipped with excellent aluminium plates and great ceramic heaters for the advanced heat conduction and great static-free hair. It also has ions to seal the hair shaft.
The gold aluminium plates which they use help to discharge any static electricity. The black casing which it has is rounded like a curling iron. This helps as not only a hair straightener but also as a hair curler so you can iron the hair and then either curve it towards your face or away from your face. You can also of course make your hair perfectly pin straight if that is the style that you desire.
Check ghd Hair Straightener reviews on Amazon
This ghd hair straightener is widely considered to be one of the best flat irons available. Especially if you have very frizzy hair, this, I’m sure is the perfect product for you.
The iron wipes away frizz with a single pass down your hair. The heat settings on this iron are perfect for most hair types. This helps you to perfect any style in less than half an hour that you may have.
Some women have to first straighten their hair and then use a curling appliance to create perfect curls. This ghd hair straightener along with straightening your hair allows you to also curl your hair with the same appliance and without statically charging your hair or damaging the hair.
You may not be too appreciative of the aluminium plates. Most high end flat irons have ceramic, tourmaline, or titanium plates. With aluminium plates you see that at a high instead of becoming sleek and straight your hair becomes crisp. This is even more visible if you have not used a heat protector. This flat iron is also difficult to use as compared to other flat irons as there is plate material which is different.
The ability to have it all i.e. straighten, curl, flip, and wave your beautiful tresses with one appliance is the key attraction of the ghd hair straightener. It is also great if it is your first flat iron as you don’t have earlier experiences to compare.
While this flat iron does iron and do other things to your hair including allowing you to create many more different styles, it is definitely not the suited for very thick or coarse hair, as it may do more damage than good. It is fast and you can work on your hair short amount of time. It has a very slim and moulded design due to which you can get in nice and close to your head from many different angles.
If you have finer, frizzy hair, this is a good model you should consider, as not only can iron your hair, you can style it too.
Check ghd Hair Straightener reviews on Amazon
HSI Flat Iron
The HSI flat iron’s best feature is that it has amazing frizz reducing power. While you may get other flat irons which are cheaper but they make your hair more frizzy. This is because there is static electricity created on the shaft of the hair straightener as the plates pass through the hair. The HSI Professional flat iron instead smooths, seals, and repeals the static electricity with its latest ion technology. View detailed reviews on Amazon of the HSI Flat Iron here.
It also has an excellent and very fast heating up mode. This helps you reduce the time you spend on doing your hair.
Earlier, the norm was that you would turn on your flat iron and then leave it on to heat. Then you would take a shower in the meanwhile or get dressed and then iron your hair.
This is risky as if you are like me, you could forget that you left it on and result in a burnt iron.
With the HIS flat iron, you can now directly plug it in and in a few short seconds have a perfectly hot iron to start your styling process.
- This 1-inch flat iron comes in a black, rounded case.
- The plates themselves are made of ceramic and contain added tourmaline and ions.
- This gives you much smoother hair and results in less snagging.
- The handle has an excellent grip and it comes with a special dual voltage which allows you to use it any where in the world. This helps a lot if you are travelling to other countries where the plu system may not be as your on.
- The power cord is very long at over seven feet long. It swivels easily and that helps you use the hair straightener from any angle that you choose.
- The plates are positioned high in the casing. This makes it easy for you to clamp a particular section of hair. The possibility the the plates will get in the way of the casing too is low.
- The heat controls are adjusted by a + and – and a digital read out.
- In addition to the standard 1-inch model, there is a 1.25-inch and a 1-inch which does not have a read out for the digital temperature.
- The heats on all the models are impressive with a range from 140 degrees to 410 degrees Fahrenheit.
View detailed reviews on Amazon of the HSI Flat Iron here.
- This is rightly one of the most widely loved and used flat hair straighteners. It is used widely in both homes and hair salons.
- It heats up very quickly, it has a consistent heat output, and with its tourmaline-added plates will help smoothen rather than damage your hair.
- The HSI flat iron is excellent when it comes to various types of hair as it has a whole range of temperatures so that you can use it on fine hair, or very thick and curly hair.
- Additionally the plates are ionized hence they will not empty your hair’s moisture. Instead, it will help seal it in.
- The rounded casing makes it very stylish and you can create a lot of styles with your flat iron rather than just the standard pin-straight style.
- The HSI flat iron’s one main issue is that it does not maintain its high heats very effectively.
- It is equipped with the ability to perceive that it is not at its required heat and then you will be alerted with its indicator (green and red lights).
- You will have to keep a watch for that and there may have to be a delay in each section of the hair until it gets to full heat.
This is by far the best of the high end market flat irons. The advantage is that it works excellently with all the types of hair which makes it a winner in a beauty parlour and in your home with your girl friends.
The issue of heat settings arises only at very high heat levels and even then the delay which happens is only for a few seconds at the most.
Even if you will be using it at one of the higher settings, the HSI flat iron will still straighten your hair much faster and give you a much better result than any other flat iron in the market.
View detailed reviews on Amazon of the HSI Flat Iron here.
In case you get hair all over the floor, don’t worry, you can use No More Chores to clean up your home.